1991 Chevy 3/4 worth?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by meets1, Jul 22, 2013.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Dealership went out of business. They have a 4 cars left and one being a 1991 maroon/black reg. cab 3/4 long box 4x4. exterior is decent a dent in the driver door which appears to me that the wind caught it or something. Alittle rust showing up under the driver door. 5.7 liter I think. Cab is clean as every - very nice. Back bumper is 50% rusted. They traded this truck in with 147K and used it as there washing truck - tank in back with a little power washer to wash down there cars in lot. They traded the truck back in 2007 and used as a shop truck. No plow every been on it. KBB only goes to 93 and sayd $2000 - $3500. They want the cars gone - like yesterday. My use - extra truck for landscape crew (its a plus that its 3/4) I have a dump insert I may put in it and an extra side walk snow crew truck for the winter. Dream truck would be to get a 4500 - 5500 but thats alot of truck for the need right now. So what are your thoughts on a price tag? I just looked tonight and will call them tomorrow but needing some info b/f the call!

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

1000 cash$$$

3. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

$1,500 if it runs good.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I spent most of Monday looking at trucks. The newer ones, 2005 or so, are in worse shape than the older ones and are a lot higher in price. I ended up with a 1997 3/4 ton GMC for $3900.00 At least I can swap my plow over to save a couple of bucks. The bumpers on most trucks are rusted out. Look at the frame and under side, brake lines, rear end cover.

5. nismothunder

nismothunder LawnSite Member

Newer trucks rot faster. Look at the rear frame rails for any holes.

Price wise, I'd say $1500-2000. But I'd want too drive it first too make sure there is nothing wrong.

A few years ago I'd say $1000 flat but in the after math of CFC its hard too find beaters.