1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1992 Wheel Horse

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by SKYNYRD, Mar 30, 2011.

1. crasmith

crasmith LawnSite Member

Amen to that! :)

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

so to all the naysayers out there who insist ff is not a penetrating oil can you explain to me why/how in a 2 week time frame the ff penetrated into the threads on the spindles all the way down to the bottom if ff isn't a penetrant;) i didn't think so:nono: gave the deck a quick scraping then a quick coat of ff. not sure yet if i'll paint the underside or not. i probably will but we'll see. i included a bonus pic for everyone:clapping: the wheel horse helping us move around the latest project cause hey a man can never have too many projects goin at once:laugh::laugh:

3. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah, Fluid Film is an excellent penetrant. It just needs enough time to penetrate effectively. Without any solvents Fluid Film takes a bit longer than the standard penetrating oils (which have a high solvent content). It will, however, continue to work when those products fail because it doesn't dry out of evaporate. :weightlifter:

Thanks for the pics! :drinkup:
  4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Looking great George..

Whats your other project?

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

i sprayed every bolt on that rolling chassis that we had to remove last sunday morning then by sunday night every bolt was out! you're talking bolts that are at least 23 years old on a chassis that was sitting in a muddy junkyard for at least 6 years and all but one came right off. way to go ff!:clapping:

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

a new frame for the old chevy. after 30 or so years of abuse the other one decided to rot away on us
  7. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

George is that a 1 ton frame ? Like the raise hell T shirt alsoThumbs Up

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

good eye there bobThumbs Up that is indeed a 1 ton frame and clean woo boy is it clean! only downfall is it's a 2wd frame so there's gonna be some time consuming conversion but it will be well worth it in the end:cool2: i been told by a few ppl that shirt fits me to a "T":laugh::laugh:

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Lookin good George...gotta love projects!:weightlifter:

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

oh yeah never enough projects:weightlifter: grandma says i need to learn to finish one before starting another :( grandma needs to learn to mind her own business:laugh: