1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

1992 Wheel Horse

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by SKYNYRD, Mar 30, 2011.

1. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Hahaha...too funny! I don't do projects nearly the size of yours but when I do anything I have like 5 going at once, lol!

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

3. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I figured thats why you pulled the front end off. I remember you talking about rust in your area. Is that frame local looks nice like you said.

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

not really sure bob, it's actually the same frame we took the cab off of a few years ago. we know it's been sitting in the junkyard for 5-6 years and had a connecticut plate on it but there aint no way it survived 20+ winters up this way and still looks that clean

5. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

haven't made much progress at all, got the decals removed from the hood and the headlights out, have to make a better mount but i modified a comphy boat seat to fit:weightlifter: then had to put everything back together quick to start mowin that big lawn i talked about in yesterdays thread:wall: i know you can't see him but i promise you my father is in the last picture under neath the white arrow with the walk behind;)

IMG_4472.JPG

IMG_4485.JPG

IMG_4490.JPG

IMG_4644.JPG

IMG_4727.JPG

6. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

this pine tree was just a sapling when we started this lawn:hammerhead: had a couple of minor problems too, forgot to tighten the nut that holds the pullies on the front shaft so they came off, the deck got bent in and the worn out belt decided it was too worn out to work anymore so we pulled the adjustment bracket as tight as we could get it (which is passed where it should be) and well you'll see:dizzy::laugh:

IMG_4729.JPG

IMG_4732.JPG

SSPX1316.jpg

IMG_4766.JPG

1.jpg

7. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

cutting with it for a couple hours after the ff had soaked in for a few days helped clean the heavier crap off the deck. still on the fence as to whether or not imma paint the underside so another coat off ff was added. found the cover for the drive belt, coated the rust spots on that and threw in an added bonus pick of the horse with it's trailer loaded with 875 pounds of rock salt. pulled that sucker like nuffin!:weightlifter: i wasn't surprised but what did surprise me was that the trailer didn't fall apart ;) :laugh:

IMG_4926.JPG

IMG_4927.JPG

IMG_4937.JPG

IMG_4980.JPG

IMG_4984.JPG

8. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

last sat i went out and picked up a 42" rear discharge deck for the horse:weightlifter: it's not pretty but it will be once i'm done:cool2: gave it a top to bottom ff'ing then figure we'll cut with it once before doing the repairs needed. the following pics show the nice flow of ff out of the gun :cool2:

IMG_4994.JPG

IMG_5005.JPG

IMG_5006.JPG

IMG_5007.JPG

IMG_5017.JPG

9. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Let me know how that rear discharge deck cuts George. You dont see many of those around.

10. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic