1993 Ford L9000 Dump Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grassman222, Dec 16, 2011.

1. grassman222

grassman222 LawnSite Member

Hi everyone ,
    A friend of a friend is selling a 1993 Ford L9000 single axle dump truck (g.v.w. 33,000). It has a cummins engine , he said it was the bigger engine u could get ,more hosrepower when he bought it , not exactly sure what the engine is other than cummins. it sounds great no smoke or blow by . air suspension , 240,000 miles . the mirror on the front drivers side fender needs to be put back on because some thought it would be a good idea to use it as a handle when putting the hood down :nono:. Back tires dont look bad, Front tires could use new He told me he would sell it to me for $5,000 firm . Thoughts ?
  2. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Never mine. Thought you were selling it.
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I think he is asking if $5k is a good deal for the truck
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. jdo150

jdo150 LawnSite Member

Sounds good to me as long as the tranny clutch and etc. Are good. What kind of tranny is in it
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. grassman222

its a 9 speed eaton fuller . he said he put a new trans in it and new clutch . the old trans fluid levels never got checked :nono:
  6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

$5000 would be a good price. They would either come with a cummins or a Cat engine. A cummins is a really capable engine.
  7. grassman222

it has a L10 Cummins engine. not sure of the exact horsepower but im told that can range from 250h.p. to 300h.p.
  8. grassman222

And it starts to unfold ........ Now the guy is telling me the truck has been sitting for 4 years . untouched .. hmmmm... something dont seem right here , my gut is telling me to stay away .
  9. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

as long as its not rotten from sitting,I wouldnt be scared .That truck is cheap to fix as they are probably the most popular model ever produced ,and in general,besides rads,engines and trannies ,parts for that truck are cheaper than your pick-up truck .
  10. grassman222

im just worried of the unknown . im assuming the fuel gelled over the last freezing cold winters . which i guess is just draining the tanks . i dont know