1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1993 Hustler 2500 Z-Turn-Need info.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CHEETAH, Sep 12, 2001.

CHEETAH LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Anyone know about his mower. Exc. cond. 60inch deck(2 years old). 22hp Kohler. Whats this worth? Owner is landscaper and wants $1900? Is this overkill for a 1 acre property? Are these good units? Good buy or not? I know nothing about them. What do I check for? Thanks. John.
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

my guess is you will end up finding things that are almost ready to go.figure this hes in the buisiness to make money.has he decided that this is not worth what it takes to keep it running.
    the other chance is that he is going with newer equipment,
    as a buisiness decision.id definitly let a mechanic look at it hard.
    good luck.

CHEETAH LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Yea he said that he has 2 other machines so he doesnt need this one anymore. The others are brand new I think. He said hes always had 3 mowers and rotated using them so this didnt get worn out.
  4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sorry for the delay in answering your message, with all thats going on I have not gotten on here in a day or so.
    The 2500 you are speaking of is a machine we have made a couple versions of.
    The first versions we made were the 22hp units, they later put 25hp on them.
    If you could get me a model number (starts with a 9, and is 6 digits long) and get the serial number, I can get you some more details on this unit.
    The 2500 was a great unit, that was way overbuilt, thus being a fairly expensive unit.
    To my knowledge all the parts are still available for the 2500's
    1900.00 sounds like a deal to me.