1995 dodge dually v-10 4x4

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by kklick, May 3, 2008.

1. kklick

kklick LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Guys need some opinions on this truck. I ran across a 1995 dodge dually today. Its 4x4 has the v-10, automatic, 4 door long bed. Cloth seats power windows locks ect. The thing that really got my attention only 26,000 original miles. Its a really clean looking truck. I didn't drive it yet the lot was closed.

I've never owned a dodge but wouldn't rule it out. My trailer loaded hits about 12,000 lbs. My 2000 f250 srw ford v-10 has its hands full in the hills. I've been looking for a dually. Didn't really want to go that old but it is a good looking truck.

any opinions on this truck?

2. kps2389

kps2389 LawnSite Senior Member

If your trailer weighs 12,000 lbs I would buy a diesel.

3. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

the V-10 dodge will stuggle just like the triton v-10.
    You need a diesel for sure plus your fuel bill will probably be better cause those gas guzzlers love gas..

4. kklick

kklick LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I've been looking for a diesel but ran across that dodge today. I was worried about the gas motor but have never had any experience with the dodge gasser.

My ford doesn't do to bad with power but the shift points are kind of screwy. By the time it downshifts on a hill you've already lost enough speed that it really works hard to pick back up. I've been thinking of buying a programmer to see if that does anything for me. I'd be more interested in just being able to set the shift points and less interested in the power although it couldn't hurt.

I found an 06 ford f350 drw diesel i may go look at tomorrow. I'm afraid it may be a little out of my price range though.

5. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

They didn't make a 4 door in 95. It's a 2 door crew cab and the front seats fold forward. I don't think the back half even opened until 99.

6. kklick

kklick LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Most likely was the crew cab then. I didn't look real hard it was pouring rain when i stopped. I just remembered it looked to have a pretty roomy back seat in it. I might go drive it if they'll let me put my trailer on it. I'm still looking for a diesel deal as good as the dodge though.

7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I am guessing it was some sort of aftermarket conversion that would make it a crew cab.

8. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

In 94-01 it was still called a crew cab but it didn't have 4 doors. In 02 the crew cab became the 4 door model and the extended cab or club cab or whatever it is became the 4 seater w/out back doors.

9. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

The 2 door extended was a club cab, the extended cabs from 98.5 on with the hald doors were quad cabs and the '02 '03 up four doors were still referred to as quad cabs.

10. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

The 8.0 dodge will have more low end power and less at the top end than your ford. The dodge auto in '95 probably won't impress you. If you can dig up a 5 speed manual it will tow hills great but diesel will be better (manual or auto).
    Good luck.