1995 or 1996 F-150

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by stuffdeer, Aug 24, 2006.

1. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Confused :hammerhead:

Anyways...Yes, Sweet deal on S-10. Free from parents with the deal I will pay all insurance, gas and everything. I might just keep the S-10 for about 2 years, until I have more accounts.

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

My first truck was a '96 F150. It was one great truck. Mine was 4x4 with the 5.8. Tons of power, but bad gas mileage. Costs a lot and hurts even more with dual tanks! Never had any real problems. A battery, a couple of front lights. The family friend that owned it before me used it to pull a 30' camper and ruined two rearends. He put a new in when I bought it and never had a problem with it. It was a common problem, so be weary of that. alos, the throttle stuck open on me twice... that was real fun! Little DW40 and I was all seat, but scary as hell. Just remember, it is an older 1/2 ton. Treat it well and it will treat you well. It is by far one of the best 1/2 tons ever made.

'96 F150 XLT.JPG

3. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

The feeling of confusion is what I was going for. It just seems like the logical choice to keep the S10 for atleast another year. I think if you got an F-150, you'd outgrow it and be doing the same work you could do with your S-10.

I don't know how good you are at tennis, but you could always try to get a scholarship for playing tennis. Screw lawn care, just play tennis all day and all night. Make sure you drink plenty of Powerade and chew alot of BigRed. Also, be sure to watch the tribute to Andre Agassi on ESPN. It's what's for dinner.

I've got enough cheesecake to last me the rest of my life! I ended up going to Captain D's Seafood instead of eating a HotPocket. I got the Shrimp Basket, Medium Coke no ice, and a slice of cheesecake which I have eaten 4/5 of so far. I hope all is well in Wal-Marts corporate headquarters. Later.

-Nick Howard

4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im a ford man never owned any of those years in a gas engine so i wony comment on them. However i like the stick on the floor for engaging 4x4. I dont trust electroic buttons. You pull the stick you no it is going to happen or you can fix it easy. I know 2 different guys were stuck and the push button deal didnt work.
    Mike

5. stuffdeer

Man, Thats the exact truck I'm looking for!

6. stuffdeer

Lmao, I just got done with my 5th year of tennis.

7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Are you ok?

8. PerennialSuccess

PerennialSuccess LawnSite Member

The things people lace with drugs nowadays really mess with you...

9. FearThisDeere

It was a great truck in MINT shape. One little scrath and that was it. Sold it last summer for $7000 cash.

10. FearThisDeere

Are you sure those shrimp were OK? No mercury in them or anything? Maybe the cheesecake had gone bad?