1995 powerstroke turbo question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ben's Landscape, Feb 6, 2011.

1. TYCINC

TYCINC LawnSite Member

hes prob just bullshitting you. . to an unsuspecting buyer a lie like that could be a selling point. . . id say go for it too, theyre good trucks.

2. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

My oldest Powerstroke has 252k miles, original turbo. I wouldnt be scared of the truck, but when it is idling take the fill cap for the oil out and see if it is smoking back out of there. A little blow by isnt a problem, but if you can set the oil cap back on and the blow by causes it to move around, pass on that truck. My only thought on the turbo would be if it somehow got dusted, and then replaced, the motor might have sucked some bad stuff in to and now be using oil/losing power. I hop that low mile of a truck is still mint, if it isnt too good to be true that is an incredible find.

3. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the tip. i will check that if i go back. called the guy today and i guess someone drove it today made an offer and is supposed to be back tommorrow or thrusday to buy it if the guy doesnt show I will look at it again and offer some money. i got caught in this situation because my dad likes to see the trucks i am looking at i know im 18 but he has a good instinct about them haha. So keeping my fingers crossed that the guy doesnt show up with money.