1996 Gravely Hydro 36 Walk behind question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ronlawn, May 18, 2007.

1. Ronlawn

Ronlawn LawnSite Member

2. Ronlawn

Ronlawn LawnSite Member

After posting above, I called a Gravely dealer in Indianapolis and gave them the model number - 988068. She told me it was only a single hydro, that they only made it for a year or so and it probably wasn't real manuverable.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

As a Gravely dealer, I would recommend you not buy that machine. Nuf said.

4. krashr

krashr LawnSite Member

Mowingman, why would you not recommend that mower? Is it because of the hydro or the configuration of the mower or something? The reason I ask is because I have the same mower only it is a belt drive. It is a little shorter in length than that one and has smaller rear tires, but seems to work fine for me. I would PM you, but not sure how the rules are on here and as you can see this is #1 for me....

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

This is one of the old "Pro" series of Gravely mowers. The single hydro. makes it hard to handle, not that many were sold, so it is not likely any dealer will stock parts. Those mowers had a deck that often left a less than great cut. They are just an older generation mower that have seen there better days. The new Gravely machines that came out about 2003, have far superior engineering, and, give a much better cut.