1997 Ford F450 w/ western plow and stainless sander

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by AintNoFun, Apr 10, 2007.

1. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

1997 Ford F450 w/ Western plow and 8’ stainless steel Western spreader. 10’ heil dump body. 82,690 miles with the 7.3l Turbo Diesel motor. Truck is barely broken in.

Snow plow was just repainted in the fall. We put over $1500.00 in this truck within the past few months. New glow plugs, new glow plug relay, new headlight switch and wiring harness, new turn signal and hazard assembly, new windshield and a new solenoid for the dump body. Truck was just serviced as well. Batteries are pretty new as well. Front end was replaced before last fall. Truck has chrome wheel simulators, an electric trailer brake controller, hitch and strobe lights. Front tires are about 60% and rear tires are about 40 to 50%. The only know problem with this truck is the horn just stopped working, either the horn is bad, steering wheel button, etc? Also the front bumper is a little tweaked. There is a crease in the back corner of the dump body, see pictures. Dump body is getting some rust in the welds as well. Vinyl lettering will be removed and the truck will be thoroughly cleaned prior to purchase. Truck starts right up and doesn’t leak. Dual tanks, automatic, am/fm radio, A/C. Landscape season is here and this truck is a money maker in the winter. This truck is located in Toms River, NJ if anyone would like to look at it, just email me. If you don’t want the sander let me know and we can work something out. Any questions let me know.

mason dump (2).JPG

mason plow (1).JPG

mason sander (1).JPG

2. Youngbeginner

Youngbeginner LawnSite Member

Is it the red, or is it pink? How much do you want for it?

3. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

haha pink P.I.M.P

4. AintNoFun

its pink, trucks got dust on it and with the sun its hard to tell.. i'd like to get around 12g with the plow and sander, idk if thats high or what.. i see what they are going for on ebay in way worse condition, higher mileage, no plow etc and they are bringing close to 11g... let me know.. thanks

5. AintNoFun

better pic of the color...

450dump.JPG

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

lol Im not sure I could drive a pink truck without a disguise! You must get some crazy comments on those pink trucks!

7. padude2004

padude2004 LawnSite Member

you will definately get noticed in pink trucks. i think your price is good but the color sure hurts your chances of selling it at all!

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

You couldnt pay me to Drive that truck

9. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

how much do you want just for the truck no plow/salter

10. AintNoFun

yea we have that problem when we sell stuff, but you can get a decent maaco paint job on it for 6 or 7 hundred around here and you'd never know.. we dont do the door jams or anything this way people can get them painted cheaply and easily..

i would probably say 10,500. i got a lot of offers so far, but you know how that goes...

yea we here all the comments.. we do a lot of landscaping on jobs with old union guys and trust me we've heard everything. lol but the girls go crazy for them, haha..