1998 dodge ram 1500 stolen from Lowe's!

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by crslolbkr, Jul 25, 2010.

1. crslolbkr

crslolbkr LawnSite Member

At 5:30 pm on Monday July 19th 2010 my blue and silver 1998 dodge ram 1500 5.9 liter v8 w/10 foot trailer and ariens 40" ztr and bobcat 32" walk-behind were stolen from Lowe's parking lot in Huber Heights, Ohio right next to Interstates 70 and 75. The windows up and doors locked. I went in for 15 minutes and came out to find my whole business gone. This is year two for me and it's been good until now. My dumb as$ was under insured. Another guy had his rig stolen from Kentucky two days later. I hope it was the same guy and we can catch up w/him and skin him alive. If you have a similar story post it and contact others that had their stuff stolen too.

Chris

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am assuming the police did get involved?

Yeah I know, stupid question.

3. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

My father in-law had his 97 dodge RAM stolen yesterday here in va but no equipment was attached
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear what happened crslolbkr, did you ensure your gear? With a police report, the insurance company should be cashing out a check to you.

5. crslolbkr

I did get the police involved to no avail. I also under insured my equipment and only had liability on my truck and trailer. A lesson to all; even if you are small potatoes you can still have it all taken away in 15 minutes or less. INSURE YOUR LIVELIHOOD! for an extra $40/month or less I would not even be sweatin' right now. Next time I'll be prepared.

6. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear, Im always worried about this kind of stuff....

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Wow...

What did they do with the truck, is today's titling and registration process that relaxed that just about anyone can get away with a stolen VIN?

Then again maybe they sold it for parts, but still...

And I'm sorry, gosh.

8. crslolbkr

Nothing has been found:(. It's been 7 months and the police haven't heard anything. I officially give up on ever finding any of it. List of new (to me) stuff below.

9. mainstreet1984

mainstreet1984 LawnSite Member

Dude you can check security camera record, on the lowes parking lot they probably have them...

10. crslolbkr

Thanks mainstreet1984. I did try that but the cameras only capture the entrances and the few cars in the parking spaces close to the entrances. I was parked along the outside edge of the parking lot because I had my trailer attached. I parked in that particular spot because it was out in the open and there was nobody parked anywhere close to me. I thought that would keep someone from having the guts to break in and peel the column in broad daylight. Desperate time call for desperate measures I guess... Even for crooks.