1998 Isuzu Box Truck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookie03, Feb 26, 2005.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Have a chance to get a hold of a 1998 Isuzu NPR 14' Box Truck. How much do you think I should pay? Gas Engine with 30,000 miles. Excellent Condition. Thanks for the help!
  2. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

13-15k Id say. If it were diesel id say more like 18-20k payup
  3. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

no more than 15K. Take a look at this link. This dealer moves Mitsu, Chevy and Nissan all over the country.

4. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

$5 Max......
  5. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

A 14' box is a BAD IDEA. A 16' box is minimum. Okay, the chassis should be in great condition with only 30k on it. Check the wheel base with a local dealer and see if it could hold a 16' box. If so, the only way I'd buy it is if I could buy it for at least $4-5k less than market value so I could afford to buy a used box and have it installed for the $4-5k. A 14' box is way too small - you would never be happy with it.

I bought a 1999 NPR with the turbo diesel, 16' box and have been absolutely loving it every day. Sometimes I wish I had an 18 footer, but then it would not have the sharp turning radius this one has. You probably know if you want a diesel, be sure to buy a 1999 or newer for the 175 hp engine.
  6. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

I'll be just fine with the 14 footer. All I need is something to keep a ZTR, WalkBehind, Trimmers/Blowers out of the weather and away from theives. There's no way I would even look at a 16 footer. I'm going to keep it under 14 foot no matter what. And there's no way I'm paying that much more for a diesel engine when I'm only putting 10,000 miles per year on it. Plus diesel is way too much right now.

NCLawnMedic, Thanks for the link! It looks like that's a nice place to buy low mileage used trucks.