1999 bobcat 763

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by bigviclbi, Jan 18, 2007.

1. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I am going to look at this on sat. It has only 368 hours on it one owner and its going for $14,500. Does this price sound good? What about power, I've been renting a cat lately and don't know enough about bobcat besides the fact that I need a machine this year. The machine has wheels by the way. Thanks for any advice.

2. PSDF350

PSDF350 LawnSite Member

Not sure I would trust those hours. Machine is 8 years old. What he use it only an hour or so a week.

3. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't expect to pick up any full pallets with it. This guy has some interesting articles on here about what to look for in a used skid loader.

http://www.accuratemachinery.com/

Josh

4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I owned a 99 763 enclosed cab machine. I think i piad around 21 for it back then. It was a great machine especialt grading top soil, etc. But as mentioned it will not pick up a pallet of allen block which weighs 3696 lbs. We had to pull 1 or 2 rows off. I would be leary of the hour meter, unless the guy only used it to plow his driveway. As far as price i wont comment .
    Mike

5. neversatisfiedj

I bought my CAT last year . 2004 232 with 300 hours from Alban dealer $14,500.00

6. bigviclbi

from nj

I should be able to tell if the hours are true by how much abuse it looks like it took. I don't expect it to pick up a full pallet, more worried about digging. Mike why won't u comment on price? I have been renting a cat 257 with steel trax over tires and love the power and controls, but they are definately more expensive.

7. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Its the year and hour issue, i had a bad day and i cant give you a honest answer with out good thought.
    Mike

8. neversatisfiedj

9. bigviclbi

from nj

10. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

You mean you stole your cat! Thats a deal of a life time!