1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1999 Chevy 3500 Dually Dump

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Inman's lawn care, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Inman's lawn care

Inman's lawn care LawnSite Member

I have the chance to buy a 1999 Chevy 3500 Dually Dump bed w/fold down sides and Power up and power down on the bed. Truck has 55,000 miles.
    Very clean great shape no dints motor well maintaned with records of all oil changes. They want $14,000.00 for the truck. I know the trucks worth around $8,000.00 and the bed is around $6,000.00ish. I feel good about it but wanted to see some other opinion's.

Inman's Lawn Care
  2. Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper LawnSite Member

Have you tried kbb, nada, edmunds? If your numbers are right then I suppose (assuming there are no mechanical problems) that it would be a fair buy. I don't know anything about whether or not those trucks had any signifigant problems, but you can always google it. I know there are some websites out there that have consumer reports of major problems with every year, model, brand, etc of vehicles.
  3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

gas or diesel
  4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

bed worth 6k new or used?

hows the tires?
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

beds are worth about 6-7k new
  6. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

dont know what bed is on the truck or how old the bed is, that can be a factor on the price

how about a pic?