1st Annual Maryland Cookout, Competition and Lawn Show

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Richard Martin, May 22, 2002.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

On June 22nd I will be hosting the 1st Annual Maryland Cookout, Competition and Lawn Show.

This will occur at Sesker Field in downtown Mayo, Maryland.

Everyone is invited. We will be serving hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken. Sodas will be provided.

We will have best in show, mowing and trimming competitions so make sure you bring your favorite equipment with you. It's time to "Put Up Or Shut Up".

We will also have local dealers bringing their best equipment to show off. So far the brands we have coming are Dixie Chopper, Stihl and Lawnboy. I will advise as more dealers come on board.

There is plenty of parking and it's all free. Donations are, of course, welcome but not required. As is the custom in my area you may bring a covered dish to share.

Please Email me if you have any questions.

2. Richard Martin

Back to the top.

3. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I will be there, cant wait!

Steve

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Wow,

I'd love to come, but thats about 3 hrs away for me! A bit too far to be draggin' the old trailer thats for sure.

Saturdays are a little tough for me, as I dont finish my Supermarket job till Noon on Saturdays. That would mean that the earliest I could be in "Hold the 'MAYO'" MD would be 3 PM.

If you really "NEED" me to come, you'll have to contact my booking agent to set up an appointment! LOL :D

I'll see what I can do. It'll probably be a last minute thing for me.

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

How far is it from say.. Routes 97 and 32? I am about 50-60 minutes from this intersection... If it's not too much further... I'll consider gracing you with my presence ;)

Lemme know

6. Richard Martin

TSG, we're just south of Annapolis. You just take I-97 south to Aris T Allen Blvd. Take ATA Blvd to Rt. 2 south. Take Rt. 2 south and hang a left on Rt 214/Central Ave. Go about 3 miles and we're on the right.

TLS, you don't need to bring your trailer if you don't want to.

7. Richard Martin

Husqvarna and GridIron modular racks will be attending.

8. Richard Martin

Due to lack of dealer interest the Lawn Show portion has been cancelled. We are still having the Cookout and Competition though. It will be held at 4:00 PM this Saturday at 3924 Shoreham Beach Rd. Edgewater (Mayo) MD. Phone 410-798-0432
    Dixie Chopper and Hustler are still coming though so we will still be able to demo some stuff. If you need directions, let me know.

Rich

9. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I hope I can make it. We will be house hunting most of the day.. so we'll see. Is anyone else from here (lawnsite) goin'? Do most bring their family?

Rich.. Did you put this function together? How many are you expecting?

IF I make it... what dish would you like me to bring?

10. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I will be there, & my dish will be a cooler of COLD BEERS!