1st Apartment complex bid, Help please?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Green-Cuts, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Green-Cuts

Green-Cuts LawnSite Member

Hey
    I am doing a bid for an apartment complex that is about 7000 SQFT with about 5-8 pine trees in the lawns I would be mowing. He also wants a bid on a spring cleanup for all the pine needles and crap on the ground now. Was wondering a few things.

1. How much would you charge for a 7000 sqft lawn with pine trees?

2. How much would you bid for a cleanup?

3. Any secrets on cleaning up pine needles??

He also wanted to have it mowed every 2 weeks instead of 1. I think it would be longer than should be if that happened and was going to suggest a 10 day mowing period so it would get done about 3 time a month. I was thinking of bidding $65 per visit on the mowing and about $200 for the cleanup. Am I close or off in left field?

THanks
    BJ

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

that lawn will need cut every 4 or 5 days in the spring... its going to be a jungle and he knows it.... just trying to get over on you with the price....

tell them you cut every week period......except for extreme drought...

3. Green-Cuts

Green-Cuts LawnSite Member

Hey

I just found out that he owns the entire complex. ( I thought it was just half)
    So it would be about 15,000 sq feet. I only have 21" WB as well:hammerhead:

That changes my bid amounts I was thinking of. with that amount I am thinking of $130-$150 a visit.