1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1st app.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by silverscapes, Mar 6, 2008.

1. silverscapes

silverscapes LawnSite Member
    from de

when are you guys going to start first app. for crab control
  2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Silverscapes,

What part of Delaware are you from?
  3. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

March 3rd. Starting at lower end of territory(south) and working north.
    We cover a spread of 100 miles total, so southern accounts are about 2 weeks ahead of
    the north accounts.
  4. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Whenever the proper soil temperatures tell me.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm slightly north of you, but started 2nd week of April last year and got excellent results using Dimension. Unless your splitting apps, I'd wait another month. But then I don't know your climate in DE.
  6. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I start beginning of March, but do a split app, the second app being in April
  7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Judging by the soil temps, even here in kansas, there's still going to be quite a while before they get to the magic 55 degrees.

Iv'e seen many guys around here slinging preemergent, both liquid and dry, for the last 2 weeks. The weather has been pretty cold most of the time, the soil temps are just above freezing. There's no need to run out that early and get it put down. Most people don't have any way to water it in anyway! Their sprinklers are still shut down and most don't want to start them up till it warms up. Don't want to rely on mother nature to provide that perfect 1/2 inch of water either.
  8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats funny. 98% of my customers are irrigated by Mother Nature. The ONE account I have that IS irrigated is only partially irrigated.
  9. GreenCare Consulting

GreenCare Consulting LawnSite Member

LOL, I guess that the number of accounts you have has something to do with when you start also, doesn't it?

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Very good point GC.