1st com. account

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by simsy71, Jun 2, 2003.

1. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

This is my first commercial account. It is a restaurant that needed some planters installed, parking lot cleaned and 13 yards of mulch put down. Well I am 80% done with the job. I have one more area to mulch. The agreement was to weed the beds.Which I did. There is one area near the dumpster which has what he calls weeds. They are like 7 feet tall weeds that look like trees. He wants me to clear that area. I told him that when we discussed weeds we meant "normal everyday type weeds" I told him I could for an extra charge but he came back saying he thinks I should do it as part of the original deal. I am thinking I should just suck it up and do it. This account could lead into some more jobs for me. Any advice would be appreciated. It would probably take me about an extra hour and a half to do.

2. promower2002

promower2002 LawnSite Member

How much time do you have? Do you need more work? If so, get to the job an hour earlier than planned and make quick work of the "weeds". The customer is always right, and a can-do attitude will be appreciated and will bring you more work than you can handle ;)

3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

4. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Put a blade on your weedeater!

5. KevinBacon

KevinBacon LawnSite Member
    from ohio

i would hate every minute of getting those weeds out, but i would also tell myself "I aint gonna let this happen again". Make sure you walk the property and explain to him before you start the job that the jungle behind the dumpster will cost extra the first time through.