1st commercial Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobdaduke, Dec 29, 2005.

1. bobdaduke

bobdaduke LawnSite Member

I need to know what I should charge for 3 acres of mowing for an industrial account. Do I charge more than a residential account? Also, what should I charge to aerate 3 acres? Any help would be greatful, thanks.

2. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

what equipment do you have? how long will it take you to do it times what you need per hour.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Charge about the same as you would for residential. Just charge what you need to make per hour to be profitable, and still be competative. I'd probably charge about $90.00 for the mowing, if there is minimal trimming. For aretion just make sure you get what you need per hour.

4. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

I charge $90 for mowing an acre and a half. It is different all over the country. How much will it cost you to do the mowing. How long will it take you x how much you want to make per hour. Add these two together.

5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I bid acres with the fact in mind that I want my 9 1/2 foot mower (595 JD) to make $100 plus per hr. and my wifes 7 1/2 foot mower (495 JD) to make $75 per hr. That basically adds up to $25 per acre on most properties, because our mowers trim curbs as we mow. Heck - the guys around here only get $85-90 for big dozers and back hoes, and they have one heck of a lot more invested in their machines than I do.

6. Flex-Deck

OH - BTW - My previous post probably killed this thread also. Seems my posts are a bit futuristic.

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Futuristic... :laugh: ...Ummmmm...I promise you Bradley that is not what many of us on here call your post..... :laugh:

8. Flex-Deck

Cool - I only am talking from experience, and I probably have less experience that 99% of the members of this site. But I do have fun mowing, and it seems to be working. Maybe in a couple of years I will be down and out, but I am going to strive to keep that from happening. Thanks - Appreciate the input and acceptance as a poster on this site. Thanks again.