1st cut of the year!!!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dtelawncare, Mar 12, 2006.

1. dtelawncare

dtelawncare LawnSite Member

I had planned to start cutting the first week in April. Friday i had a customer call and tell me his backyard needed to be cut as soon as I could get to it. Of course I pulled up first thing next morning. Being that I am only 9 months into the biz this got me excited about the year. Sorry to go on and on but just wanted to see if evryone else gets excited about the first cut of the year.

2. YotaNate

YotaNate LawnSite Member

I mowed my first yard of the season today. Two more people want their's done next week. Not to bad for the 2nd week of March. If we get any rain at all, its going to be crazy very soon.

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Once in Dec, Once in Jan, Weekly started Feb 27th

4. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

we've been working on clean ups throughout the winter...
    Started working everyday all day last week, Mulching, spring c/u's of course we cut the lawns nice and low for the fert and lime app's
    Good luck to everybody this year...

5. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

We've been mowing on and off all winter. I never had to winterize the mowers. We are back to full mowing (around 110 yards) this week along with mulch, pinestraw, installations etc..

6. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I've been mowing on and off all winter but they are starting to come back to me. Should be at full steam in 2 weeks.

7. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

um we are supposed to have 5 inches of snow in 3 days, Ice shanties are still on the bay, 4-5 weeks anyway here

8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Our first cut of the year was Jan 1st, which followed the last cut of the previous year, Dec 31st. 12 months to the mower here!