1st day of work in the new season

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Boy I wasn't ready for this......

Cleaned out some beds, started mulching, and applying fert/pre-em round.

With more snow in the forecast, got to playwith the good weather.

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been mowing all day. I got that green stuff all over my pants whats that stuff called? Hmmm its not money but it sure smells like money. It sure smells like fresh cut money. I had around 1.5-3" of new growth to cut it sure was nice although I have been cutting Rye grass all winter this was new to be cutting the tall fescue.

3. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

I should of been putting pre-emergent down today but I spent the day trying to decide which trailer to buy. Didn't get it home til 1630 so the day was shot.

4. Hey Steve, send me an email for trailers, I know a few good places to look.

5. tim o'c

tim o'c LawnSite Member

it must be nice seeing that we have about 2" of snow on the ground. i wish that i could be making money instead of spending money:dizzy: :dizzy:

6. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Mike, already bought it. But thanks for the offer. I shot you an e-mail anyway.

7. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Just winter rye still for me,with all this rain,ryes thicker than dog hair!Some fescue peepin up, if we could get some sunshine it would be on!Put out fliers this afternoon,can't wait for 90's and sweat! :)

8. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I was mowing.:(

9. We overseeded a account today.Plus the phone was ringing off the wall today.One day of sunshine it made a world of difference.

10. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I started the Jacs up at the course on Saturday. Everything but my two rough mowers and fairway reel didn't start the way I WANTED them too, but I ordered new batteries for them and they start like brand new now. Mowing here won't start till at least the second week of April, in the meantime, I think we'll do some trimming on most of the 200 or so trees.:rolleyes: