1st hedge trimming, opinions?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Buck Hollow Lawn Care, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Buck Hollow Lawn Care

Buck Hollow Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

So here it is, my 1st hedge trimming. Looking for tips & opinions. Critics where are you? The nasty scalp on the pic looking front to back was from the last lco.

photo 2-2.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 1-1.JPG

photo 2-1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 1-2.JPG

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

The first picture...you could have only made them look better.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DQL10

DQL10 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good to me but I am by no means a good bush trimmer. I have a guy on my crew that is amazing at it so I just have him do it.

4. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Silver Member

Looks great! The only way to learn is by doing it!:drinkup:

5. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Not bad, I thought the first pic was a before. Trimming is like sex or riding a bike, you will get better in no time. I still always start in the back so I can get warmed up before doing the front of the house....lol

6. Buck Hollow Lawn Care

Buck Hollow Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

I think he was being smart a$$. Relating trimming to sex, guess I didnt think of that, I might half do practice more, sex I mean!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BlazinJake

BlazinJake LawnSite Member

Too bad having sex wont make trimming better... lol, Props on the hedge trimmings, atleast for first time. Though I can't criticise as I don't even own hedge trimmers... just got my business started and those and a leaf blower is what I am lacking and looking forward to obtaining...