1st job with real estate agent!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, May 2, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, finally after 2 months of placing brochures and business cards at different real estate offices, I get a phone call this morning to do a property that is 33 x 120 ..

He just wants lawn mowing done and wants a bill, I told him if you want any more work done send it my way and I'll bill you at the end of the month, that way you dont have to send out numberous cheques!

I look forward to serciving real estate agents or no? Any of you guys had bad experiences?
    ;) ;)

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

No comment but........BAD! (depending on the realitor)

3. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

usually they don't call till the grass is knee high and then they wonder why you charged so much. and on top of that you got a really good chance of hitting a hidden object in the tall grass. I don't deal with them.

4. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!

5. Evermow

Evermow LawnSite Member

Ugh. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I have found that realtors can be the cheapest, hardest to please people you will ever work for. I have had several stiff me about a bill before. I only work for realtor I know well.

6. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Tried to deal with one.

Knee high or when someone was interested in the house. They would call.

It would not have been bad if they would have given you a monthly contract for X amount so that the property could be kept up.

For some reason when a "For Sale" sign goes up on a piece of property here. 12" cinder blocks, used tires and wine/ beer bottles just seems to migrate towards the property after about the second week.

7. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

lol .. oh no!

I am not looking forward to this honw!

8. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I have been doing a significant amount of work for a realestate agent here for about 2 years. Some of the properties are in rough shape but I just charge accordingly. After that she lets me mow them every 10 days so they never really get too far out of hand. My deal with her is that her company pays me and they get thier money back from the homeowner. This works much better as I know where and when I will have a check.

9. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Mostly bad.

Wait, I take that back. All bad.

10. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

i would suggest u get in good with who ever it is. DoN"T cut urself short .. But when u deal with them u almost have to call their bluff THEN back off JUST A LITTLE BUT HOLD UR GROUND RIGHT THERE. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THEM FROM DAY ONE .
    They want u to think!!!!! they got u but when u are rounduping the place and charging them for EDGING:p thats where u get them... stuff like that or figure out some way to get ahead its not hard ... call them up after it rains and say what do u think mr. BIG TIME REALITOR SHOULD I GO AND CUT UR FABOULUS REAL PROPERTY THAT U HAVE BOUGHT SO CHEAPLY AND CHARGE SO MUCH TO RENT !!!! I am being a smart *ss but i think u get the point ... sugar coat what i just said and u'll be alright with them .
    Just be sure to think ahead ( as they do)... what i do is when they call me. I tell them that i need to call u right back i am in the middle of something. and then call them back about 3 -5 mins later when i could think about what they possibly might ask me to do or thought about my previous mistakes with this one or real estate people in general ... just not always in that frame of mind. U will be much better off to do this !!!

hope this helps

CLyde