1st Landscape Design...part 2

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Poncho25, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Well being that my 1st thread was kind of hijacked :) I will post here. Well today was the day, took me and a buddy 4 hours to complete, the pictures really don't do it justice but you will at least get the idea, I took the pictures before shaping up the edging also. This was my 1st design and install, the client was beyond happy so end result is thats all that really matters. But comments both good and bad are welcome :) *clinches for the blow*

LeftBedBefore.jpg

RightBedBefore.jpg

LeftBedAfter.jpg

LeftBedAfter2.jpg

RightBedAfter2.jpg

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

So what is better, Ford or Chevy?

:laugh: :laugh: Just messin with ya- The work looks good. Did it go as well as you planned

3. GardnerLandscaping

GardnerLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

looks the same except bushes hedged. j/k.

hard to go wrong when you follow the KISS principle.

4. GardnerLandscaping

GardnerLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

ford is junk. chevy is over-priced.

before i bait most truck owners. ford over chevy. but i'd take dodge just because i'm use to jeeps.

5. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

LOL Yeah kind of hard to see how well it all looks without being there, with the older shrubs in the back kind of taking away from it all :) but yes, everything went well, probably could have used a few more mexi patun. but the client gave me a budget to work with and I got the most for what she wanted, she was loving it! :) even bought me an my buddy a 12 pk of hineys for after :) now thats tip i can live with!!!

6. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Excellent, and the best part of it being close to home-:laugh: - is you can break open the hineys sooner:drinkup:

7. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great man cograts on the good job and hey the$$$$ wouldn't bad either(inside joke). :laugh: :laugh:

8. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

Is everyone seeing the same pics as I am? Not being negative, but please describe exactly what you designed and installed. I hope I'm missing something in the pics.

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I agree. I even pulled the B4 and After pics up and put them side by side and there is very little difference othe than a hack job trimming the shrubs. I can't believe this is the "quality" of work you have been carring on about how good you are or that the client thought it was quality work. I know you have only been at this about a month even though you changed your profile to 3 years for some reason, bu not to be mean, but to tell you the blount truth (which you ask for).......this job you did is pretty bad. It is NOTHING like what you eluded you were going to do.

10. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Come on guys yes lets be honest, but lets remember its his 1st landscape job ever we can be a little easier.