1st larger full service contract questions

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TruSomethingOrOther, Jul 17, 2013.

1. TruSomethingOrOther

TruSomethingOrOther LawnSite Member

I have an opportunity to bid on a hotel's year round landscaping / snow removal. I've done all these services separately before, but never combined and for the same customer.

Image is everything for this hotel. Spring mulch refresh / replace, full grounds care, flower beds, fert, everything.

How is the best to handle a contract like this? I have a clue, but the details are uncharted territory.

2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Figure out how long each is going to take and multiply by the frequency of each service and add it all up. Im not really sure what you mean by "handle"...

3. TruSomethingOrOther

Handle...unsure of what to ask because I'm unsure of what I need to expect.

4. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Huh??? Cut the grass, plow the lot when it snows.

5. TruSomethingOrOther

It's more involved, as they are terminating their current landscaping maintenance company because they are unhappy with the poor quality of detail work.

6. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Price for cutting edging and blowing
    Price for fert application
    Price for trimming shrubs
    Price for refreshing the mulch
    Price for annual flower beds and regular maintenance on them
    Price for plowing

Give a year plan explaining what and why you will be doing certain jobs

7. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Exactly, predict based on what services they want and the prices you have in line for said work, add it all up, explain each thing detailed so they know what they are getting, and hand them the bid package. Then you get the call if you are doing it or not, and then if you get the job you will start the work. Thats how to handle it