1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1st Major Commercial Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dancer, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I am bidding two assisted living homes ! I have a few questions about mys bids ! 1st I use 21" machines and I will have to bag these properties ! I spent about 30 to 40 minutes each looking at them.

Property 1 I figure about 2 hours mowing and trimming this and about 2 hours in the beds and blowwing off the sidewalks!
    they want a per month rate because the Landscaper who had this through Dec 2002 never came during the off season to check to see if anything needed done or to make sure the grounds were clean. So they won't sign anymore 12 month contracts. I figure with fall leaves and about a 32 week moving season I will be actually selling them about 8 months service I am thinking in the area of $ 750 month ! Is this Ok ? Or should it different ?
    They also want a bid that excludes the Lawn being mowed each week! what should I do there ?

Property 2 I am thinking in the area of 2.5 hours mowing and trimming and 1.5 hours of cleaning beds and other trimming ! This will be a complete 12 month contract including fertilizer treatments. I am thinking in the area of $540 a month ! x 12 months.

I am thinking if I get these I am going to buy a 36" Great Dane Super Surfer which will help me on all my other lawns which will help me be more profitable on those too !
  2. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Your spending the same amount of time on both properties why the different prices? $750.00 sounds like a fair price per month for both of them Thats about a $47.00 per hour. Cutting once a week would give ya the $750...:drinkup:

Curious as to why they would want a bid excluding cutting:confused:
  3. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

The 1 st Property is on a 8 month contract and I don't have to deal with it once the growing season is over. The second is on a 12 month contract and it is required that it is checked on a weekly basis. I also found out what the other bids are for this property. and I would like to get it and I was thinking that I could get it at that rate and maybe get it for that price. I think even with the second property being checked every week the time involved over the year could be less once I get it up to an easily maintainable level. ALso I would be getting a check every month!