1st mow with my Scag SW

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IA_James, Apr 29, 2007.

1. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Got my Scag 36" wb w/Jungle Wheels sulky today. It has the 12.5 Kawasaki on it. In short, I love it. It's going to take some more getting used to, but by the end of mowing my own lawn (only about 30 min. vs. 40 with my JD111) I was getting the hang of it. The guy I bought it off threw in an extra set of blades too. It's a little more work than my rider, but not unreasonable, and it's way slicker for getting close to stuff. Also, the quality of cut is amazing vs my JD. Every blade of grass exactly the same, it looks awesome. If only I could some striping action out of it. Might just be the grass right now though, it was pretty dry. I can also get some sidehill stuff that I have done now in no time, where before I just didn't have the nerve to do it on my rider. It doesn't have wheel weights and the uphill drive wheel raises up enough to immobilize it.

2. Midwest Lawn Services

Midwest Lawn Services LawnSite Member

Congrats on the new purchase. i can remember when I upgraded from my craftsman 16hp to a Deere LX188 w/powerflow! Very exciting. Hell, I still get all excited like a little kid when I make an equipment purchase! Good Luck!

3. IA_James

from Iowa

Thanks!!!!!

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag Simply The Best.

5. IA_James

from Iowa

I'm the same way, the old lady thinks I'm nuts.:drinkup: