1st Mowing, 2 weeks early!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MSS Mow, Apr 23, 2006.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I mowed for the 1st time this spring today, and it's more than 2 weeks early. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Last year was a week into May. I hope it remains a good year for mowing.

Anyone else starting earlier than usual this year??

2. for us it was the last week of March.

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Mowing in Western Pa has never been consistent as far as when we start, how many times we can mow, or when the last mowing will be performed. There were years we started in early March and finished in early to mid December. This year most mowing began about two weeks ago since the winter was so mild.

4. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Soon as the rain stops we will be mowing up here in Ontario... Most Lawns are now lush and green

5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

did my first mowing last friday, it was a 3.5 acre property and, as usual for the first mowing, there was a dust storm.

6. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Man, that's great! I'm down near Portland, ME and I figure after this rainy spell, a day or two of sun and we'll be good to go. About May 7th or 10th last year. Definitely earlier this year. Still doing clean-ups, & everything will overlap next week and it'll get crazy. It's the calm before the storm.

Enjoy!!!:cool2:

hillndale:headphones:

7. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

Same here:canadaflag:

8. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Its early because of global warming, global warming is good for canada as far as Im concerned.

9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Good to hear from another Mainer.

I was May 6th last year. I'm loving the early start. Obviously not everything needed it yesterday, but I mowed 4 lawns. It felt great just climbing on the mower. Within a week, everything will need it. :)

Here's to a good season in Maine. :drinkup: :drinkup:

10. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Started mowing a month ago.