1st power wash job

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by slingingrass, May 10, 2010.

1. slingingrass

slingingrass LawnSite Member

could someone tell me how to charge for powerwashing a house about 1600 square feet. do i do it by square feet, if so how much or do i carge by the hour and if so how much. thanks

2. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

you charge whatever you need to charge to be profitable. Its different in every area

3. Outdoor_Maintenance_2010

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010 LawnSite Senior Member

dont u just hate responses like this :rolleyes:

give him at lease a margin to play with here..

4. precisionpower

precisionpower LawnSite Member

He can't hate, but must appreciate the response. It's the stone-cold truth. If you don't know how to charge accordingly, then there's a real good chance it won't be performed accordingly either.

5. FCPWLLC

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member

$250/hour

Now, that probably didn't help much. It is the truth however. The truth for MY company and MY production rate. If yours is slower, your customer will think you are insane for making $1250 for a house wash. It is a one hor job max.

6. mtc2010

mtc2010 LawnSite Member

Personally, I need 15-25 cents per sq ft (depending on size of job) to make a decent profit. Better to use per sq ft on estimates than per hour quotes.

1600 sq ft @ $0.15 per sq ft = $240.00

7. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

How long will a house that size take you?

8. mtc2010

mtc2010 LawnSite Member

Me? Would take me a couple hours, maybe 3, as I have a small pressure washer.

Unlike you, I only do pressure washing for my mowing and landscape customers, not as my only service. Usually only small driveways and sidewalks. Probably going to upgrade to a larder unit next season as it seems to be fairly popular and profitable.

9. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

you will see profit when you wash that house in 30-45 minutes

10. mtc2010

mtc2010 LawnSite Member

Yeah, maybe next year if I upgrade.

Just curious, JCinNJ, what do you charge for a house that size if it takes you 30-45 minutes?