1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1st quarter revenue

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, May 20, 2004.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Now that may is well under way - how was everyones 1st qt revenue's?

We are a little behind due to lack of rain and very little snow in the month of march, but the summer looks good so far. Although everything I do is dependant upon the weather!

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm up 25% from this time last year!!! Let it rain!!!!!!
  3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Status qoa. Same O Same O.
  4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Were up 17% so far. Raised prices to compensate for gas prices, but maybe not enough. Prices at the pump are killin us!:angry:
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

it was great, up believe it or not up 73% from last year. Of course I had a great winter and I also raised prices
  6. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

Revenue up 30%, don't know about expenses YET.
  7. gr8cutter

gr8cutter LawnSite Member

So how much does everyone spend on gas for the avg man hour worked? I know this is kind of hard to figure but you guys are great pros and I know some of you have a good estimate.
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

YTD, total income is up 41.3%, net income is up 99.6% says Quickbooks.
  9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have running about 30$ worth a gas - one Toro Z, wb, trimmer, blower. This is basically a days worth a mowing / one man crew. So in a 10 hour day that guy is using about $3 / hour.

NW Iowa, the gas hit $2.01 yesterday. The guy we purchase diesel from told us that it will stay this way thru the summer and few sharp increases here and there.

Although yesterday, not cure about today - crude oil went down about a $1 a barrel. So who know's.
  10. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

it is good to hear everyone is doing well even though the unmentionables are out there lowballin and stealin work. proof they really dont matter.