1st Question...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Joatmon, Feb 8, 2001.

1. Joatmon

Joatmon LawnSite Member
    from LA

What type of customer are you?

Do you give yourself full service...or are you so tired of seeing green by the end of the day that you can't bring yourself to take care of your own grass?

Surely this topic has been discussed...

I just remember being in construction. Every contractor I worked for had a new house, been in it for a few years, & still weren't finished with it. I hope I don't get that way with the lawncare...everybody drive by & see my ratty yard but yet I'm supposed to do a good job for them.

Just wonderin,
    Joatmon

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

If your flying solo get ready for a ratty yard! Mine is the last on the list..............always. I really want to try this year to put it a little farther up the list, maybe 2nd or 3rd.

I'm tired when I get home.

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Mine looks as good as my customers, but it is WAY smaller and I'm glad of it. We mow it twice a week.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Our yard is small, but the back yard is by the far nicest grass we have seen in a long time. Lush and green with nice stripes. Brand new grass planted last year.
    Our neighbors are constantly asking about our back yard. A nice garden, a bed of wildflowers, and another bed of petunias, marigolds, and zinnia add the finishing touches to our back yard.

Now our front yard is another story. We have a mediocre front yard because we have a beagle puppy who loves to wreck havoc on the grass. But I wouldn't trade my dog in for nicer grass. She's too much part of the family.

We mow at least once a week, sometimes two. We're always the last yard cut for the day.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

My lawn usually gets done after all my customers get theirs done. I usually try to do a good job though but my lawn can't really be seen unless you drive up my driveway so it usually doesn't get done 'til dad wants it done. :)

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

My landscape is kept in meticulous shape. Lawn is always deep green and crisp. No weeds, no leaves in the yard, plants kept well groomed, etc. Especially the front yard.

Of course, I don't have to do any of it. I am in my busiest neighborhood so I am just one of the regular stops for one of my crews. And I throw them a few extra things to do when they check in throughout the week.

It's easy to keep it all in great shape when you don't have to do it ;-) But I'd still keep it in great shape even if I were the one doing it.

7. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is only 2k foot so I do it twice a week. It used to look good but now have a lot of warm season grass taking over my good grasses. I try to keep it tiptop and always looks better than most of the neighbors.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

After they thank me and tell me how nice their lawn looks, I always thank them, tell them how much of a pleasure it is, and tell them I wish MY yard looked like this. Well, one day one of my customers put it to me like this; "Yeah, Joe, and the painter's house always neds paint and the mechanic's car always needs work."

9. moonarrow

moonarrow LawnSite Member

My yard is pretty high on my list, I consider it part of my advertising, and besides my wife would not let me put it last on the list if I did I might have to sleep in it

10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

When I retire ,assuming I EVER WILL,I want
    a nice half acre yd to get old playing with.
    Now small and neat as it can be w all the equip
    and work material I have.

WORDING SHOULD READ GET OLDER.