1st season... Am I doing good work so far?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by silverwoolley, Mar 4, 2011.

1. silverwoolley

silverwoolley LawnSite Member

Is there anything that jumps out at you as horrible? Its our first season and we could use some constructive criticism.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. silverwoolley

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

The last two pics on the first post, the mulch should be spread more evenly, especially at the foundation of the house.

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Pressure wash and seal/stain the fence. Fertilize the grass, should be greener by now. Put some bright annuals in. Did you put some pre-em in those beds to keep the weeds down? Is this your house or a customers? Straighten up the edging bricks. Not too shabby overall.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. silverwoolley

We did a fert. app. today but the grass here in Texas is having a tough time greening up so far. They don't want any flowers right now because they are afraid of the dog digging through the flower bed. We laid fabric down before hand.

6. Crocker Lawn

Crocker Lawn LawnSite Member

Crape murder...

7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

The only thing I did not like was the "Crape Murder", but I have a couple that make me do it also.

8. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking that, and off the wood fence, I usually just tamp along the foundation with the head of the bark rake. I also like the border so the bark doesn't wash over the walk when it rains. We usually dig a shallow trench along paths n such to make a ledge for bark to rest against.

I understand, you can only wash the fence and stain if they pay for it. (upsell! "now that your lawn looks nice, it would really look good to adjust the sprinklers and restain the fence. I would be happy to give an estimate....."

9. BJWLAWNCARE

BJWLAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

i have never seen mulch on top of pavers in my life. WTF do i know, i've only been in biz for over 20 years. Why would you install pavers (not saying u did). Then cover with mulch. Makes no sense to me sry. GL with the biz.

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Look in the finished pics. The pavers are seperated from the mulch by the black plastic edging.
    Posted via Mobile Device