1st System

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mikegyver, Apr 22, 2013.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I just finished an excavation related repair today.

Wound up fixing 26 total breaks in 16 pipes. A call for a locate would have much cheaper.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Well that is a dbl chk, lmao. Woww, surprised that the installer didnt put tees and half inch ball valves for testcocks and maybe some sch.40 gate valves for isolation.

3. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think there was a whole lot of regulation in our area 25 years ago. This system is located out of city limits which makes it worse.

4. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

How did you find that? Looks like it was buried.

5. Mikegyver

Went from the meter and started digging. I needed a spot to drop in a double check and tie in a new main line. Right under my feet there's a 1' root that we had to dive under, not cool.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Good for you, a lot of lowlifes would have hacked it out. :clapping:

7. Mikegyver

Wow, at least I get one attaboy! Honestly we left it because we didn't want to spend half a day hacking at the thing

8. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

I can now say I have seen it all with those 2 check valves.

9. Mikegyver

Hey, don't knock it, they got the name right...its a double check :hammerhead:

10. ETPRO

ETPRO LawnSite Senior Member

The sad part. Is i have had employees of a water purveyor tell a homeowner (that was contemplating installing their own system) that there was already a double check on their meter taps. (Referencing a check valve like one of those above.) I had to show them an actual double check to get them to believe me.

You stole my words, I was going to say same thing. It is a double check... Lol