1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1st time bid at large commercial

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schlepie, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

I gave a bid to a apt complex. Pretty large area. 2 large sections with large pool. At least 12 large flower beds, with hedges and weeds in all of them. I bid 34 mowings, 2 times mulching @ 8 cy., monthly weed spray, yearly fert program, mow and trim all sidewalk edges. pre M for all beds and blow off ENTIRE parking area. Bid: $675 per month. She said It may be worth that but I can't afford that. She'll use me every 2 weeks and try to get it around $400 per month. Well after reducing mowing times, 1 app of mulch, no pre m, $450 per month. Calls back and says thank you but we are accepting another bid. So I saw the property was started today. Mowed only, with some edging. What got me were the tracks of a 21" mower. Oh Brother, you get what you pay for..... I cant wait to see the shrubs and the beds "whenever" they get done. I want to do some commercial, but if theres no money there, I'll stick to residential.

2. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

3. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

Schlepie....there is plenty of $$$ in commercial lawn and landscape. Stay away from Apt.complexes,,,,they are on a very tight budget due to new homes are so affordable and vacancy rates are climbing for apartments. Try getting businesses in complexes and things of that nature.