1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

1st time home owner needs help please

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by petroskie, Aug 10, 2011.

1. petroskie

petroskie LawnSite Senior Member

like the title states Im 23 and just bought my first home and I cant afford a complete sprinkler system quotes have been 3k-5k. I just want to do a simple 100ft PVC pipe with 4 or 5 rain bird pop up sprinklers of sort. The yard wrapes around from the front to the side and i wanna bury the pvc under the bark. after reading on the internet about GPM and PSI corrisponding with head preasure im all kinds of confused. can anybody help and i understand if yall dont wanna give away your skills for free, thanks in advance

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Save up till ya can have a real one put in.

3. Ditto You'd be better with a hose timer and hoses until you can afford to bite the bullet.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

What you are asking, is for professionals in the industry that do this for a living, to give you advice on how to install a hack sprinkler system that will be substandard, inefficient, tacky, not meeting building codes, and just plain ol' cheap. You won't get a lot of help from us. Sorry.

5. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Even if you wanted to install it right, you came to the wrong place.

6. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

I second the hose timer and hoses route. Heck, I've got that in my backyard right now.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

So do I.
    I have two 5004s on stands that are hooked up to hoses. I put water when I want, and put them away for the winter. Sprinkler systems are too expensive and troublesome. :)
    I also have native grass and live in the forest though.

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

9. petroskie

petroskie LawnSite Senior Member

thats why I said in my intro if yall didnt want to help i would understand and you shouldnt have wasted ur time with the responce, thanks for your input though.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not knocking you for trying, just letting you know what you'll get from us here.