1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1st time home owner needs help please

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by petroskie, Aug 10, 2011.

1. petroskie

petroskie LawnSite Senior Member

No this is not a for ever set up I have a hose set up and 2 click click click sprinklers in the back yard and the 2 work great but if i try to add a 3rd i loose all pressure. What i was trying to understand was if i used like a 1/2inch pipe or hose could i add more sprinklers, or are the 5/8 hose ok i just need different heads like the rain bird ones maybe cause they use less pressure than the click click click ones? would have gotten a system but I opted for central A/C instead and it was the same price
  2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

" a happy wife makes for a happy life"
  3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Find someone who will do the system right, but in stages that you can afford.
  4. petroskie

petroskie LawnSite Senior Member

I understand but Ive been a member here for a while mainly on the lawncare section and Ive never had a rejected question and i have always helped others who post questions cause thats why were all here to help one another when we need it.
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

You've hit the wrong forum, this is the tongue-in-cheek section. :rolleyes::dizzy:
  6. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Check the GPM requirements of the nozzles you are using and keep it under about 5.

There are a lot of factors to how much water you can get through a 1/2 in line, or a 5/8.

Generally speaking you can get 3-6 gpm from a hose bib.
  7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

"can't water all at once" is why you get a controller to run the watering in sections - you can do this with hose-end products now.

8. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Change those click click (impulse/impact ?) which have large orifices (holes) that the water shoots out of, to rotary heads with smaller nozzles. You'll get 3 maybe 4 rotary heads with smaller nozzles on a hose bibb setup. Depends on how much water your hose bibb can supply at one time.

You can buy the plastic impact heads w/stake very cheap at a big box store. Basically you just want the stakes that attach to garden hoses. Get a cheapie hose timer.
  9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Just get MP3000's on 2" pop-up heads married to a 1" pvc line. If you choose to put it on top of the ground, so be it, but you wont get anyone here to tell you that is a good idea. For just starting out, putting down some water and getting some turf established is better than not. Go forth and do it form the hose-bib, you'll be fine.
  10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

or , buy a system . Throw it on a credit card , hawk it, its the American way.