1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

1st time home owner needs help please

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by petroskie, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, stimulate the economy a little. payup

2. petroskie

petroskie LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe Ill ask obama for a stimulus package!

3. petroskie

Thats what i have now a 5/8 hose from the hose bib to the $1.99 impact, then another 5/8 hose that goes about 10ft to the next cheapy impact, but i tried to add a 3rd and lost so much pressure they wouldnt even rotate. thus i was thinking the kind you put in the gound and make a pvc setup for it

4. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Do you even need to water in Idaho? I didn't think it got warm enough.

5. petroskie

nope not looking for any atta boys here just somthing that will get water on the ground and cover the front yard. thats were i get confused is line size and proper heads to use, and am I limited to how long a line i can have since my goal is 4 or 5 heads on a 100ft straight. Id pay for just this answear since i know its an art you all have fine tuned but i appreciate the help, i had 5 sprinkler companies give me quotes and they were all rude and unhelpful so thats why i turned here

6. petroskie

well i bought a forclosed home and they yard didnt get watered for a year, i started watering the back and the grass came back so im working the front now. no its been in the 70s for the longest time now were in the 80s and its soooo nice

7. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

You need more hoses. Only run one or two heads on a hose. That's what the wye timer is for.

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Just run more hoses from the house to your sprinklers. One hose per sprinkler, if need be.

9. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Go back and re-read my post to you, the one you QUOTED from me. Use the "spike" that those clicky clicks are mounted on and screwed into. Unscrew the impact head from the base. Screw in a cheapie small nozzled rotary head from the big box store. Or order online from sprinkler warehouse. You will need a 1/2" to 3/4" male threaded adapter to connect the 3/4" rotary head to the 1/2" hose spike base. Keep the hoses for portability.

10. petroskie

O ok I got ya i will pick some up, my local ACE harware has rain bird sprinklers so i will go down and pick some up. thanks for the help you should come over this way for next summer install a system for me