1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1st time home owner needs help please

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by petroskie, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

you just bought the house , congradulations , now before you spend money on a luxury
    (sprinkler system) bank a minimum of 6 months bills , preferably 12 months . Wait till you can afford a good system . Remember ......... there is nothing more permant than something done temporary. After 2 estimates , you probably should have cancled the rest if 2 prices were higher than you could afford that tells you something .
  2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

::::prints that comment and studies it through the night::::::rolleyes:
  3. petroskie

petroskie LawnSite Senior Member

thanks its an amazing house 2,100sqft on the golf course I was very lucky. My thing is yes its kinda spendy but i like to know who has what to offer, I dont settle on the cheapist bid but how they present them selves, equipment, referances, ect, ect. I just want it done right the first time and when I call with a problem I want them to come fix it
  4. I know good contractors are like spell check. Some just leave a bunch of misspelled words. Other use tools like spell check and get it perfect.
  5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Though some work from a foreign dictionary (present company excluded)
  6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

you could build an inground pool in the backyard and then only half to worry about the front.

serious, get a plan, do what you have to do till you get the money for an install.

without a plan, you're sunk. take the flow and pressure measurements, plot the lot and draw to scale. that's what everyone else will do. good luck with the home.