1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

1st time home owner needs help please

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by petroskie, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

you just bought the house , congradulations , now before you spend money on a luxury
    (sprinkler system) bank a minimum of 6 months bills , preferably 12 months . Wait till you can afford a good system . Remember ......... there is nothing more permant than something done temporary. After 2 estimates , you probably should have cancled the rest if 2 prices were higher than you could afford that tells you something .

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

::::prints that comment and studies it through the night::::::rolleyes:

3. petroskie

petroskie LawnSite Senior Member

thanks its an amazing house 2,100sqft on the golf course I was very lucky. My thing is yes its kinda spendy but i like to know who has what to offer, I dont settle on the cheapist bid but how they present them selves, equipment, referances, ect, ect. I just want it done right the first time and when I call with a problem I want them to come fix it

4. I know good contractors are like spell check. Some just leave a bunch of misspelled words. Other use tools like spell check and get it perfect.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Though some work from a foreign dictionary (present company excluded)

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

you could build an inground pool in the backyard and then only half to worry about the front.

serious, get a plan, do what you have to do till you get the money for an install.

without a plan, you're sunk. take the flow and pressure measurements, plot the lot and draw to scale. that's what everyone else will do. good luck with the home.