1st Year of Organic Program

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Pundit, Mar 6, 2007.

1. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone heard of Fertrell? I have a friend who runs a very large organic dairy farm, and he uses their products.
    They are in Bainbridge Pa. www.fertrell.com

2. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you ever used their stuff? Is it Dusty? Prices?
    -Jay

3. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

The site looks pretty good.

4. greenhobb

greenhobb LawnSite Member

I know of a company that has an organic liquid soil amendment, its called Terra Foods. The company is new, based in South Carolina. I talked to the owner of the company, they were at the trade show in the Garden State Exhibit center in January, they have cutting edge technology, and the product is loaded with bacteria. The price they had at the show, (wholesale), was about $75.00 per acre to apply. The owner was very helpful and informative, he new his stuff. I would look into the product, might be worthwhile.

5. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know if I would trust this guy....

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/orglawn/msg0222283025123.html?5

6. mattfromNY

Getting back to you guys.... I have only used the 'burnout', as an alternative to 'roundup' and the like. It will kill weeds when they are tender and young, I found I had to really put it on pretty strong, though, and had to do multiple applications for established weeds. I only used it along my garage in my own gravel driveway to test it.
    I have some of the pre-m (Corn Gluten Meal) to put down as soon as the snow melts. I am going to test this on my dad's lawn, as he has a better weed crop established than I do at my house. LOL.
    As I said in my previous post, I work with a rather large (for this part of the state) dairy farm that farms over 1500 acres and milks over 300 cows, 100% organic. These guys use Fertrell and they are the ones that recommended them to me. They have only been organic since 1997, but they have tested many companies and products over the years.
    MATT

7. mattfromNY

Their site is very nice... Check out the 'Notes and Quotes' section, lots of neat information to be found.

8. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, great site, however I asked for prices 2 weeks ago and have not heard back from them yet. Still waiting.