1st year weekly income

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by next12mj, Sep 27, 2007.

1. next12mj

next12mj LawnSite Member

What was everybodys income for their first year.

My goal is around 500-600

Is this out of reach ?

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

My first year income back in 1990 was around $300-$400 wk with not much advertising except for some flyers I put around in neighborhoods in the area where I lived. Business grew like crazy in the 3rd year and income rose to around $3000 wk with a lot of advertising in paper, yellow pages, company shirts, lettering for truck and so on. You need to advertise a lot at first then word of mouth starts working with customers giving you lots of references.

3. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Thats really easy to make....If you do 3 lawns a day @ $35 bucks thats $105 per day, and about $525 a week. Those were the good ole day....would work from 12 to about 4 everyday. Now, $525 barely pays for one of my guys for the week....

4. Daddy Joes Lawn Service

Daddy Joes Lawn Service LawnSite Member

2,500 was my frist year.

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

This is a great thread...I am almost at the end of my first season. Income looking to be $2K-$2,500. Ran ads in several local papers, spring and fall. Still too part time for me, am looking to ramp up for 2008 with a more intense marketing campaign. Too new a business for word of mouth, but that will come.

6. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

So if your signature is correct, your making 2-$2500 a week using a 21"? Hmmm

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

G.M. - sorry about that, figure is annual.

8. matrix77

matrix77 LawnSite Member

I hope this is not your main job...:weightlifter: :dancing: :sleeping:

9. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

he meant monthly I am sure....

10. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I started around May of this year. I was at about $950.00 a month from my 10-12 accounts. I also worked for another landscape company and a furniture refinishing place. My main goals for 2008 is to pull in enough to not juggle three jobs. I only passed out 250ish flyers for my lawns. Next season Im going with paper ads and 3k flyers. This stuff gets REALLY old when you use a trimmer that bogs down in grass and a rider that goes -2mphs :rolleyes: