1st year went well...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rkeguy, Oct 30, 2011.

1. moneyclass

moneyclass LawnSite Member

How much does a 1 million dollar policy usually for the year?

2. ndols2

ndols2 LawnSite Member

I have 2 million 4 million gen. about 550 a year. make sure to insure your equipment too. and do full replacement cost. I have had equipment stolen, and it nice to be able to get full replacement cost vs used value. equipment is a lot of money, and theft is high.

3. Wiedmann

Wiedmann LawnSite Member

Glad to see your first year went well!! you sound a lot like me and having a pretty decent first year. I'm still part time but it takes time to build into a full time job if you do wish to get there. Best thing I found to do is set goals. I wanted to have around 10 customers and 15 monthly mows for my first year. Well I came up just sort of 10 customers but had over 20 monthly mows.

I seen someone ask about advertising.. I found the best way to get lawns was to use yard signs and just placed them where I seen favorable for me. People on here are not all big fans of these but the way I looked at it since I'm in college I don't have the most time to go door to door trying to gain business. By having yard signs hundreds of people drive past them daily! Can't beat that!

4. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

WOW that's cheap! who you using if I may ask?

5. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

Congrats on the strong first year! If you're looking for an inexpensive, but comprehensive software package to keep things going for next year have a look at Jobber - www.getjobber.com - we have off-season rates that will let you play around with it right up until next season for cheap! Good luck either way!