1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

1st year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsfrk, Aug 24, 2004.

1. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Is it pretty hard to acquire 50 to 70 accounts your first year? Especially if I am solo.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes I think so, especially if you want to get a paid a premium price for them.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

DUDE!! You jus ask this SAME EXACT QUESTION LAST WEEK and it was answred over and over!! You are beginning to be as bad as some of the PITA Customers.:angry:

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

50-70 first year? I agree with Jodi, unless you are Low ballin' I'd say that may be a pretty tall order to fill....I believe a lot of it depends on your area's demographics/population though....

5. MMLawn

JSFRK, Why don't you just quit ASKING about it and get out and try and get them!

Of course YOU have to buy some equipment first since you don't have any, right?:blob2:

I'd say it will take you 2 probably 3 years to get 70 accts unless you do $15 lawns.

6. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

MMLAWN, how's life treating you? It's good to hear from you.

How's the business running?

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would say that its hard to get your name out and get that many for your 1st year

8. MMLawn

Looks like it's alot better than yours since you don't have any

9. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

MMLawn your not too friendly. Why do you have such bitterness?

10. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it is do-able...

I got a semi-late start this season, came up with a good advertising campaign, fair-if not higher pricing than some, and still managed at last count 49 accounts. We have signed probably 60 contracts, but dead-beats, and cheap-o's have slimmed the account number down to 49.

Anything is doable if you put your mind to it. The two cities I work in consist of a 62k people with the average family income of something like 70k.

Trevor