1st ztr purchase help...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by pagreen, Apr 29, 2008.

1. pagreen

pagreen LawnSite Member

these are my options...
    lazer z as 60 ultracut 25 koh $7750
    lazer z as 60 ultracut 28 kaw $8400
    lazer z 60 ultracut 27 koh $8550

what do you guys think.... i love the deal on the 25 koh but will i be wanting more power..... 3 dealers said the same thing... 25 koh is a great motor great on fuel and best bang for you buck but i just dont want to be underpowered.......what do you think i am trying to pick one up in the next day or so.....does anyone have the 60 with the 25 koh or 28 kaw if so give me a little review...thanks in advance everyone

2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have insurance? Oh and dont be a lowballer :laugh:

3. pagreen

pagreen LawnSite Member

ha thanks......i have been reading posts all nite since we talked and have not heard anything bad about the 25 yet....

4. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Kawasaki engine in my JD717 and am very satisfied, but I've heard many good things about Kohler as well. 25hp for a 60 inch deck should not be overpowered, but my advice is to demo all 3 and buy the one you are most satisfied with.

5. bigw

Just because you dont hear nothing bad dont mean you should get it, im telling you you will wish you had the HP!!

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy the 25 kohler. Worst case you spend an extra $200 on a new carb that will give you more HP. 25hp on a 60" deck is pretty much standard.

7. bigw

NO ITS NOT STANDARD AND A CARB WILL NOT GIVE YOU ANYMORE THEN 1 HP TOPS!!!!! BESIDES IT WILL ALSO VOID THE WARRANTY IF YOU CHANGE THE CARB.

8. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

We got the AS with the 28hp kaw last year and we love it. The extra power really helps in the thick or wet stuff. The extra power really helps on hills.

9. bigw

EXACTLY!!!!

10. bigw

QUOTE.........My guess would be the Triton is taking more power than the Ultra Cut and nothing but a larger engine would fix the problem. That's my honest opinion. I had a 23 on an 60" Ultra Cut and it felt very weak in the Spring growing season.
    16' dual trailer, 12' single axle trailer
    3 Stihl trimmers, 2 Stihl blowers, 1 Remax 7001
    92 GMC work truck
    04 Dodge Ram HEMI