$2.00....$3.00 a gallon this summer??!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pizpoppa, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Pizpoppa

Pizpoppa LawnSite Member

I was listening to national public radio and i heard them say that this summer gas prices might rise to around $2 a gallon and in some areas maybe $3!! Is this true? What are we gas guzzling guys and gals supposed to do?

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Suck it up!

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

What about diesel? Does it still climb with the rising prices of gas? I guess it might, but if you use less of it, it might be better. I was shopping riding lawnmowers and was looking at a Toro and there was one with a diesel option. More power (in some places), less re-fueling, seems like a good thing to me!Do you guys run 92 octane in your trimmers? I don't but I run it in my dirt bike and that thing is a gas hog! Later guys.

4. Jason_S

Jason_S LawnSite Member

Diesel has held its price so far! I payed $1.86 for gas today, DIESEL was at $1.55!!! Maybe it's time to go all diesel!

EricELM, does your Diesel DC go as fast as the gas?

5. today i paid 70 dollars to fill up my truck and chipper. diesel was going for 1.69 a gallon, cheapest i have seen it around here for. gas was 1.71 a gallon, again cheapest i have seen it for. they are saying 2 dollars a gallon for some grades by i think memorial day, and then the regular stuff is soon after that.

6. KD'sLawns

KD'sLawns LawnSite Member

Diesel will follow the gasoline as far as the price goes. Gasoline will go up first, shortly after diesel will also. As will all petroleum products. Which includes almost everything from make-up to shoes. We need solar powered machines!!!

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

working for my father who owns two mobils, i have noticed the increase. all unbranded stations have gone up 25 cents in two weeks and brandeds have gone up 13 cents. he is hearing that a big increase is coming due to Opec putting their hands in there pockets and not producing enough. the rumor of $3 a gallon in the midwest has been heard aroun here too. Gas is not coming down. Diesel usually is cheaper in the summer because its bascially 100% home heating oil. Diesel may get costly in the winter though. Either way your going to have to pay. Like Homer said, your just going to have to suck it up.