1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

2-4D Amine mix rates

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by POPO4995, May 15, 2011.

1. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

So I bought a 60 ga. pto sprayer to spray my large yard. And after trying to figure this out for an hour.....How much 2-4D Amine should I mix with 60 gallons of water? Throw something in the tank to make it stick a little? Im looking to kill dandelions, clover, etc. Thanks for any help you can give me!:)

2. gebby

gebby LawnSite Senior Member

Number one I don't want to sound like a smart a**. Figure your square footage you want to treat. Please read and follow the label. It should give you mix rates and what all it will treat. Use a calculator to figure your mix rate for the amount you want to treat. You may have to convert oz. to gallons and so on. Be sure you are using mixed rate for coverage.

3. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

You need to calibrate your sprayer. If you don't know how, maybe you shouldn't have bought it.

Travel at a constant speed. Figure out how many gallons of water per 1000 sq ft you are putting out, then you will find your answer.

4. underPSI

underPSI LawnSite Member

Mix 1 gal. of 2/4/D to 60 gallons of water.

5. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Really? Calibrate your sprayer first with clean water, then mix it at label rates per 1000 sq ft or acre
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Two gallons works twice as good!

7. underPSI

underPSI LawnSite Member

Hey, tools, I know how to do it correctly. Obviously the o.p. doesn't. He was looking for a simple solution to kill some dandelions and clover. 2oz/gal. will kill them without harming anything else.

8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Your the tool. Making a recommendation without knowing his sprayer calibration, daily temp, type of grass. 2oz per gallon will smoke the turf with my sprayer calibration.

9. underPSI

underPSI LawnSite Member

Uhhhh, no.

10. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

If he's using a 1/3 gal per 1000 teejet nozzle, 2oz per gal won't do anything. If he's using a 250gpm fire hose, 2oz/gal might burn a hole to China. Can you see that it DOES make a difference???