2.5 acres @ $60

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Potential client said she thought she was paying too much and wasn't completely satisfied with her current service. So, I handed her the estimate and she had a surprising look on her face. She said, "is that per week?" I said, "yes." She told me that was high. I asked her, "how high?" She said that her current guy was charging $60 and that she had received an estimate of.. get this.. $45 for 2.5 acres.

Maybe I am overpriced...? I would like to know what your thoughts are.. Can you make a profit at $60? What would your best/competitive price for 2.5 acres be? It is wide open with a slight incline from one side to the other and a couple of wavey parts. There is about 10-15 minutes of trim and blow work.

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

What part of maryland ?

3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I think that price sounds fair...If you use you 60" Z how long do you think it will take you?

4. GRT

GRT LawnSite Member

She's either dreaming or someone is wasting their time and resources...your price is low.

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Mdirrigation.. I'm in Carroll County

jajwrigh... I estimate it to take me 1.75 - 2 hours to mow, trim & blow. She told me the crew of 3 that did it last year took about an hour.

GRT.. that's not my price. I'll give my price a little later.

6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

I would say 60 is low , I am expensive ,I would probably be in the neighborhood of $110.00 . If I had another job close.

7. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Even as a "gift", 3 workers at $45/hour is $135.
    DP

8. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say about $80 myself. Myself and my helper could probably be in and out in an hour. Thats 12.00 him & $68 for me. Thats with two efficent operators with a 52" & 54". But like every other person here will say WE NEED TO SEE THE PROPERTY! There could be 1 acre of mowable grass and 1.75 acres of push mowing/trimming/crappy work. but 60-80 sounds right. I always go for 60 per acre/hour depending on situation. Alot of guys will say if you cant get X dont settle for Y. I on the other hand love to negotiate, withing reason of course. 5-10 bucks a cut isn't going to make or break a deal. especially if they are loyal customers! :D

9. GRT

GRT LawnSite Member

I see that, my bad:D. Some people just get a good deal once and think it's owed to them; don't lower your standards becuase of it. I went to your website; you're a professional and worth a lot more than she offers.

10. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc LawnSite Member

Without seeing the property...$90-$100