2.5 Gal Jug Dispenser

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PR Fect, Jul 1, 2013.

1. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey any of you guys or gals know where I can get a dispenser for 2.5 Gal Herbicide jugs? I would like a pump that fit the opening. But I would go for a cap with a spigot. I have found them for the 63mm 5 Gal Jerrie cans, but not the 2.5 Gal jugs. Does anyone know what the threaded opening size is on the 2.5 jugs? We do not use enough product to go with the 55 gal drum. But we do fill the backpacks and the low volume sprayer enough in a day that we are always dripping or spilling a little each time we load.

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Google a Goat throat pump they pressure up the jug to push out the liquid

I do believe they fit 2.5 juges

I used one for getting liquid fert out of drums worked good

Charles Cue
  3. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Tip n pour, or a measuring pitcher.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. PR Fect

Thanks Charles, It does not look like they have a pump for the 2.5 gal jug, but I sent them an e-mail and asked.
    Cooter, we do poor into a measure cup now. That's what I am trying to avoid. I do not want to pour from the 2.5 jug. It drips, spills every time. I would like to have a valve to control the liquid, or a pump so we stop wasting product and time.
  5. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

6. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

Hummm, 2.5 gallons you say. Stainless fire extinguishers are 2.5 gallons. . . You've got me thinking.
  7. PR Fect

Thanks for the links Cola! I like the last one. I wonder if Mercury gear lube has the same cap threads as Speedzone & Three-Way? Looks like a road trip to boat dealer down by the lake.
  8. PR Fect

That's funny, my kid got me a SS extinguisher for my birthday a year back. He said because I did not have a big one in the shop by the welder. And then he said its refillable, so if you needed to spray a tree with a insecticide you could use it for that also. You add compressed air till gage says charged and the thing will shoot 25 maybe 30 feet.
  9. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

I googled " a pump for the 2.5 gal jug ". Plenty of other pumps avail. Of course finding that correct lid size to screw it on jug, is the dilemma. If it dont screw on tight, then wrap it in duct tape. Duct solves lots of problems lol.

CTPTURF LawnSite Member

you could drill a hole in the cap for a 1/2 or 3/4 inch bulkhead fitting. then screw a plastic or metal spigot into the female threads. The only problem would be venting the jug so it flows out in a timely matter.