2.50 a gallon nationwide?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jpp, Feb 21, 2005.

1. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Hello guys,

I heard on the news last night that gas prices nationwide could go as high as 2.50 a gallon this summer. Has anyone else heard this? I know we have discussed this before on this site. I am doing a price increase this year and I was also thinking of putting a fuel surcharge clause in if we go over a certain dollar per gallon at the gas stations. Are most of you just going with a surcharge no matter what or do you have it set up to where you have a trigger price to give the surcharge?

Thanks,

JP

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

That's weird because I just saw a story at noon that said Nationwide that gas prices are falling.

I am not a believer in gas surcharges at all. If your gas is higher than raise the clients price and even tell them that is why, but I think a gas surcharge turns people away from you, esp when others it your area may not be doing it.

3. jpp

I paid 1.70 a gallon today and right down the street it was 1.84. I just heard the report on the news last night and was wondering what everyone else is hearing.

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

It's been a $1.85 at most places here for weeks now except for a few that are having a gas war where it is $1.77......when I first got my drivers license gas was .25 a gallon and I got a 100 gallons from my parents for my 16th B'Day at the local FULL Service Gas Station they used and I had a 1963 VW bug.....shoot that gas must have lasted me a year, even at 16!~

course Coke's were also just .08 back then...........and Mininum wage was like $1.60 and hour.

5. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting post, I just started a new thread about diesel prices on the rise. It seems that fuel prices will never go below what they have been the last month. OPEC is going to cut production everytime crude oil gets below the $43 per barrel mark, to keep the price above that! This will mean high fuel until the global production increases and brings crude oil down to the $22 to $28 per barrel price that gave up our mid $1.50 range fuel! They are saying that Diesel could go up another $1 per gallon over what it already is ! It is $2.69 per gallon now and that is expected to go up! It has gone up $.40 a gallon in 10 days here !

6. Turf Dancer

Unleaded Gas is $1.99 at the cheap places to $2.19 for the supposedly better quality stations (Chevron)

7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

2.69/gal ??? Holy cats!! :dizzy: I haven't had to fill my truck up in awhile and I think the last time I filled up it was just over 2 bucks. I'm going to add a fuel surcharge on my invoices. I was thinking 3% for over $1.50 and 5% for over $2.00. My only problem is that I need to find a reliable source for a monthly average dollar amount.

8. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

1.85 here, its gone up 10 cents in the last week, good thing is that I can swing over the state line to Missouri where its always 10 cents cheaper. I only use my truck for work though.

I use my wifes car to go places. She has a Honda that gets about 25 MPG. We are buying an SUV this summer and its between a FORD and a TOYOTA and with a 10 MPG difference ill be going with the TOYOTA.

9. Turf Dancer

I just got off the phone with a fuel distributer and the lady told me it was going up again tomorrow! What a crock of crap !

10. jpp

Wonder what their excuse is this time? I might have to take a drive with the other truck and top that off.