2,800 flyers and only 3 calls?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by outrunjason, Mar 2, 2005.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I am not likeing the way this is starting out. I have put out enough flyers to generate more calls than just 3. But the flyers I am seeing on the doors are around 20 to 25 and that includes tax. It didn't used to be that way around here. $25 was the going rate. I charge 25+tax. Anyone haveing better luck?

Jason in Dallas

2. bobwright007

bobwright007 LawnSite Member

I recently ordered some postcards that i will be sending out. But i was wondering when the best time to send them out would be. I feel that if i send them out anytime soon then customers would not be too interested because its still in the lower 30's for most of the week. So I don't think a lot of homeowners are thinking about mowing right now, at least in my area. In addition I don't want to send out my postcards too late because then most of them might already have somebody hired.

IF anybody in missouri could give me an idea on the best time to pass these things out let me know.

ALso everybody should checkout this website. www.clubflyers.com
    it is absolutely the best website that mass produces flyers and posters and postcards. I ordered 5000 2 sided full colored postcards with a glossy UV coating for $150. To me that seems like an amazing deal, the place in my home town were quoting me $600 bucks for just 1000.

They also have this deal where they will give you 5000 of the same type of postcard for FREE, plus the shipping cost, which is like $28.00, if you put their advertizment on one side of card.

Thats Amazing....... www.clubflyers.com

3. caleb_harlan

caleb_harlan LawnSite Member

Hey Bob wright
    The Time is getting close. This weekends weather is going to be in the 50's. I have been judging the grass growing every year by the spring flowers that come up in my lawn every year. Guess what they are coming up early. Even yesterday when it was 20 degrees they grew an inch. I havnt put my fliers out yet and I am getting worried now.

I say send them out a week before the grass really starts to turn green (mid MArch. When it starts to get warm people are going to start thinking about the lawn. Some people might have already got somebody and some people will lose the postcard but that is just part of the game.

4. WildLake

WildLake LawnSite Senior Member

I've read that must people get leads on 1% of flyers. Its probably just a little early.

5. Lefty's Lawns

Lefty's Lawns LawnSite Member

I put 500 out and had one nibble but I think I was low-balled. Did get a job for mowing duiring vacations. I did see estimates for 26.00 for a 7000 sq ft yard. I feel your pain.

6. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

A lot of people will call at the last minute, usually when their lawn is getting out of hand. Hang in there.

7. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

Yeah I am aware of the rate of return. I just thought with all the weeds growing out there we would have had a call by now. But yeah I guess it is quite a bit earlier.

Jason