2 acre bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by forgop, Apr 23, 2003.

1. forgop

forgop LawnSite Member

I'm new at bidding and I have a common area for the community I live in that I'm going to bid for a total of 2 acres.

The 1st acre is pretty simple just mowing around some trees and a gazebo with very little trimming. The 2nd acre is around a small pond, some of which is on a pretty steep incline that couldn't be done on a rider.

Any guesstimates as to what the lowest you'd bid it sight unseen? I know I can do it less than anyone because it's right across the street from me, but I don't want to go TOO low.

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't be too sure about that.

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

What area are you talking about? Dont' worry I'm not bidding on it LOL but I may know which one you mean.

4. forgop

forgop LawnSite Member

SE side of Indy...

5. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

90-100 without seeing it

6. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) If its level and not many trees, ect, id cut it for 90.00, if its real tall id double the price....Marks Mowing Service

business pictures 077.jpg

7. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Depending upon how far you have to drive and also the time it takes for you to weedeat and blow I'd charge between $60-80. I usually charge for a 1.5acre lawn about $50 but I have a fellin that my prices are low, but Im growing and so I make good money on that but someday ill raise the price up more. Takes time.
    Matt

8. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

$110-140....sight unseen